You need to log in to create posts and topics. Login · Register

PetaSAN 2.1 Released!

After a lot of effort, i am happy to announce PetaSAN 2.1 with the following new features:

• Defining custom storage pools.
  • Drag/Drop CRUSH hierarchy editor.
  • Defining custom CRUSH rules.
  • Ready to use rule templates for common scenarios.
  • Dashboard statistics per pool.
  • Pool Benchmarking.
  • Ceph 12.2.7, Kernel based on SLE 12 SP3, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS.

You can view some of the update screenshots here http://www.petasan.org/screenshots/

Enjoy !

This is extremely exciting!

Your`re simply the greatest 😉

Will upgrade soon!

That’s grate news.....thank you for this release....

I have 2 questions about the new release

1) what version of the intel nic i40e driver is included? Cause we hope that our problems are gone with the latest 2.4.10 driver

2) you stay with the 4.4 kernel from the sle 12 Release instead of 4.12 from sle 15. From our experience with the 4.12 kernel is a significant performance enhancing. Is there any problem with the 4.12 kernel?

Thanks again for this grate product

Hi,

For the i40e driver, we use the version with the SLE 12 SP3 kernel.

The SLE 15 was released just over a month ago, we did not have time to test it well, we felt it is safer to keep SLE 12 SP3 with latest update ( 4.4.140 ).  I expect we will switch to the SLE 15 soon.

we can send you an updated SLE 15 with latest (out of tree) i40e driver for your testing by mid next week.

Great news! PetaSAN has a great future!

Great project

Thanks

This exciting! Is it recommended to upgrade a production system from 2.0.0? What is the process?

Thanks for all your work!

Thanks 🙂

The installer supports upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1. We recommend moving the paths away from a node before upgrade it and the cluster be in active/clean state.